Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Amazon Return. oil on canvas. This is a Santa Fe painting. I am having some experience photographing these paintings while trying to maintain some sort of color integrity in the painting. When I view this piece I am flooded with the imagery that traditionally haunts most of my paintings. By allowing your eyes to play with the color you can begin to see forms. The forms I often see are heads and profiles. IN this painting the faces grow out and around an innner one. Its almost as though they are personalities. Birds and bird like features also seem to be a heavy motif in my paintings as well. Astrologically most of my planets are in air signs so maybe thats why.
$600

Cranen Butte, and Lion. This is another Santa Fe painting. I was living in the area known as Lone Butte at the time. I think thats what the red mound is in the center. WHen you're driving into Santa Fe, on I-25 headed North, you pass this pointed hill, a butte I suppose. Anyway, Its a welcomer and the last thing I saw in Santa Fe when I left.
$600


Fish of Plenty. This painting was done in the good o'le NJ. Notice the crowding of forms and clear line quality.. I was painting around my family.. I think this was during the Christmas Holiday three years ago. Notice the large fish in the middle and the bird within. I think this painting is about Air in water, the fam really brings out those deep emotional qualities in me; abundantly.

$200


This was the first painting I completed after returning from a month in Peru. I spent three weeks in the amazon jungle working with a native healer and building an intuitive connection to the nature around me. Before this time I hadn't been using much green in my pallette. This painting contains a natural and unrushed fluidity that I have known no where else than in the jungle. The forms seem ethereal, fish-like, vegetal, with a clear fire element. This is one of my favorite paintings.

SOLD. Private Collection. NYC

No comments: