Thursday, October 06, 2005

This is Dulcinea. She is my trusty '72bug that got me to where I needed to be in NM. She carries my paintings and is, all in all, a trusty and lovely vehicle. She accompanies me while I paint, you may also notice the dog beds, Coco and Cooper have also been hanging out while I paint. We are all presently stationed in NJ.


Salmon Spawn Then Die. This is a larger oil painting, 2'x3'. This was done last month at my parents' in NJ. This is the finished version. I love it. Boots Birds and Salmon. See what you can see.
The energy is so frenetic and when I look at this I feel as though I'm caught in a tornado. Well I guess a whirlpool, it feels watery and it seems as though it reverberates out from the center. From the center I see emerge something fishlike, a salmon perhaps swimming against the current while nestled in a hand. Standing upon it I see a boot with a heavy heel. Authority? Grounding? The salmon is also phallic and swimming out of the wombish center. Birth, but also growth. Migration. Swimming further upstream of the mother grounds. The rest of the painting is a play with the eyes and often I am making out a different avian personality. Birds make up a huge motif in everything that I paint.

$3800

No comments: